Official website of the New Zealand Farm Forestry Association
- Broom and gorse - are we as awake as we should be?
Nick Ledgard, New Zealand Tree Grower, May 2005. This article is a departure from the normal tree topics, but it involves a couple of woody plants with which most of us…
- Mt Barker wilding Corsican pines
John Purey-Cust, New Zealand Tree Grower May 2008. Nick Ledgard and Gordon Baker’s wilding pine management joint venture on land owned by Canterbury University Wilding pines covering the hillside All from…
- Weeds in indigenous forests
Melissa Brignall-Theyer, Sarah Richardson and Susan Wiser, New Zealand Tree Grower May 2008. The most challenging weeds for managed indigenous forests are those that can disperse into harvested areas, prevent regeneration…
- What's wrong with wilding trees? Nick Ledgard's Blog, July 07, 2016
Having been a high country forester all my working life and spent much of the later years dealing with wildings, I have long pondered on the pro's and con's of…
- Guidelines for the use of the Decision Support System “Calculating Wilding Spread Risk From New Plantings”
Assessing the risk of wilding spread is the first step for any afforestation proposal.
- Forest weed control manual
FRI Bulletin No. 180, Davenhill, N. A; Ray, J W; Vanner, A L (1997).
- Minimising the environmental impact of weed management in New Zealand’s planted forests
Carol Rolando and Michelle Harnett, June 2015, NZFRI ltd.
- Good Practice for Aerial Wanding (Basal Bark Application) of Wilding Conifers
30 May 2017, National Wilding Conifer Control Programme, Christchurch
- Cost benefit analysis of wilding conifer management in New Zealand - Part 1: Impacts under current management
Velarde, S., T. Paul, J. Monge and R. Yao (2015).
- Alternatives to the chemical control of weeds: Proceedings of an international conference, 25-27 July, 1989
FRI Bulletin No. 155, Bassett, C., L. J. Whitehouse and J. A. Zabkiewicz (1990).
- Species of Cortaderia (pampas grasses and toetoe) in New Zealand
FRI Bulletin No. 105, Knowles, B. and C. Ecroyd (1985).