Environmental certification and the small forest grower:
A report for the New Zealand Farm Forestry Association May 2009 (Pdf file, 838kb).
The multi-million dollar question: Is forest certification working?
September, 2013, link to article in Forests News.
- New Zealand Forest Certification Association Incorporated December 2015
The Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), one of the world’s leading forest certification schemes has, this week in Switzerland, endorsed the New Zealand Forest Certification Scheme. “We are…
- NZ FORESTS GAIN INTERNATIONAL VISIBILITY January 2015
With the acceptance of the NZ Forest Certification Association (NZFCA) as New Zealand’s PEFC Member, New Zealand forest growers gain visibility in the world’s leading forest certification system. “We are…
- FSC National Standards Consultation For Plantation Forestry in NZ September 2010
Submissions close on 19 November 2010. A description of the process and an invitation to participate is on the NZ Forest Owners' website www.nzfoa.org.nz/certification. The information is divided into the…
- National Environmental Standard for Plantation Forestry September 2010
The Government is proposing a National Environmental Standard (as regulations under the Resource Management Act 1991) for plantation forestry. The intent is to improve national consistency in local authority plan…
- Certification Standard for NZ Plantation Forests to be developed May 2010
Development of the National Standard for Certification of Plantation Forest Management in New Zealand in accordance with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) has recommenced. FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization…
Tree Grower articles
- Forest Stewardship Council certification for small forests November 2017
Rhys Millar, New Zealand Tree Grower, November 2017. Certification for small-scale forests has been something which needs sorting out for a number of years. This article is a very useful…
Other sources of information
- Forestry Stewardship Council website
The FSC international website.
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
The PEFC international website
- Rare species - Guidance for managing rare species in plantation forests
Forest Owners Association
- Minimising the environmental impact of weed management in New Zealand’s planted forests
Carol Rolando and Michelle Harnett, June 2015, NZFRI ltd.