- Totara – Northland’s farm forests of the future
Helen Moodie, Paul Quinlan, David Bergin and Chris Kennedy, New Zealand Tree Grower November 2007. Introducing the vision, activities, objectives and profile of the Northland Totara Working Group. It may be…
- Sustainable totara management and biodiversity conservation in Northland: School of Forestry blog, March 21, 2017
David Norton and Laura Young, School of Forestry, University of Canterbury, Christchurch. 9 December 2016 Public conservation (PCL) land makes up a relatively minor part of the Northland land area…
- Warren Smith, Greymouth, West Coast branch
Warren Smith and wife Marilyn own two farms - a sheep and beef property which has been in the family for many years, plus a newer dairy block. Warren is…
- Totara: establishment, growth and management
Bergin, D. (2003) New Zealand Indigenous Tree Bulletin No. 1 (pp. 40). Rotorua: NZ Forest Research Institute.
Full colour handbook: practical advice on growing and managing totara in NZ.
- Management of Naturally Regenerating Totara on Farms - Thinning and Pruning
Technical article No. 11.3
- Totara: Existing uses and market development opportunities for naturally regenerating totara timber
Quinlan, P., & Northland Totara Working Group. (2011). NZ Landcare Trust. Sustainable Farming Fund. Northland Totara Working Group.
Comprehensive report with practical information about harvesting, processing and marketing totara. Northland focus but relevant elsewhere. SFF project (L10/145).